Knowledge is the Best Defense
Whether you grow, process, produce or distribute food, there are many points of entry for contamination that can eventually lead to food borne illnesses. To avoid costly shutdowns and litigation, and to be in compliance with the Food Safety Modernization Act, prevention is not just important, it’s crucial.
Summit Laboratory is your partner in food safety. We offer training that can help you and your employees learn best practices and methods for being and staying in compliance.
Completion of any of our courses leads to:
- Better control of potential health hazards
- Standardization of techniques and policy
- Compliance with your food safety management system
- The ability to be better prepared for audits
- Documentation of training requirements
The Summit Advantage
- Our instructors are certified microbial investigators/consultants with HACCP and SQF2000 certifications
- Training is practical, from the perspective of a microbiologist. It includes real-world recommendations and solutions to suit your specific needs and requirements
- Our instructors and scientists are one in the same, so they bring with them the experience of conducting hundreds of food facility inspections
- Some training can be conducted onsite for your convenience
- If training onsite, we don’t just teach a course, we can point out problems as we see them, and help you with suggestions for improvement
- We’re your partner in food safety, and true partners are friendly and easy to work with
Summit’s Food Safety Courses Include:
- HACCP Practices
- Personnel Practices
- Environmental Monitoring
Please contact the lab for more specific information regarding scheduling and availability.