HazMat Incident Command System Training
HazMat Incident Command System
Our specialists incorporate your site’s Emergency Response Plan with likely spill scenarios to provide site-specific training for your management staff. While the training is primarily designed for chemical spills, this management system will apply to all emergency situations and potential hazards. In addition to managing onsite activities, the training also highlights the role of Local, State and Federal First Responders according to the National Incident Management System.
Our Incident Command System for Management is an 8-hour class.
On Scene Incident Commanders are individuals who will assume control of the incident scene beyond the First Responder Awareness Level. They shall receive at least 24 hours of training equal to the First Responder Operations Level and in addition have competency in the Class Topics listed and the employer so shall certify.
- An understanding of how to implement the employer’s Incident Command System
- An understanding of how to implement the employer’s Emergency Response Plan
- An understanding of how to implement the local Emergency Response Plan
- An understanding of the State Emergency Response Plan and the Federal Regional Response Team
- An understanding of the hazards and risks associated with employees working in chemical protective clothing
- An understanding of the importance of decontamination procedures
Since 2000, HazMat Solutions’ staff have instructed thousands of firefighters, EMS, police and private industry emergency response teams. While we have developed specialized training programs for the DEA, Pentagon HazMat Team, and National Guard Civil Support Teams our primary mission is to minimize deaths and injuries at Industrial facilities by the accidental release of hazardous materials into the environment.
“Class Member Statement or Testimonial Specific to Hazardous Material Awareness Training”